Just like when you're sunbathing there are do's and don'ts to getting the best, safest tan which will last. So we've compiled a list to help you get the very most out of each and every tanning session at Topaz
So here goes, let's start with the Do's...
- Always remove your make up before tanning as it acts as a barrier between your skin and the rays.
- Always use an indoor tanning lotion. This isn't a sales pitch it's a fact that dry skin reflects the rays so it's essential to keep moisturised whilst tanning. Indoor tanning lotions are specifically designed to intensify and prolong your tan and can improve your tanning results by 60%! (which inevitably will save you time and money on your sunbed course). Remember this... tanning without lotion is like washing your hair without shampoo!
- DO turn the fans on when you're getting hot! We often have people tell us that they turn all the fans off to 'get a better tan' but this isn't the case, it's just a common mis-conception that 'heat = tan' ...it doesn't, it just makes you all hot and sweaty!
- Moisturise and keep hydrated, not just whilst tanning but in between visits too. Keeping your skin hydrated will dramatically increase the length of your tan. When tanning indoor or outdoors, the skin loses moisture, often becoming dry. Use a good daily moisturiser after tanning, showering and exercise to keep the skin hydrated.
- DO exfoliate at least once a week to remove dead skin cells that may be causing patches of dry skin, leaving you with uneven pigmentation.
- DO wear the goggles we provide you with, as closing your eyes does not protect you from damaging your eyesight.
- After tanning apply more lotion - yes that's right your indoor tanning lotion also doubles up as a tan extender.
- Do not shower right after tanning. Your skin is still tanning hours after your tanning bed session ends. And some of the tanning lotions have delayed bronzers in them which you'll wash away if you shower too quickly. Allow your tan to set in and wait at least three hours. When you do shower, always use a moisturiser to keep your skin hydrated
- Do not use sun protection on the beds. Yes believe it or not we have had a few people using SPF and wondering why they aren't tanning :) Keep your sun protection for warm days out in the sunshine and use your indoor tanning lotion for sunbeds.
- Avoid wearing deodorant or perfume. We provide wipes and tissues in every sunbed to remove deodorant and make up etc,.